Colborne Legion Branch 187



Sun  Closed

Mon  Closed

Tues  Closed

Wed  Closed

Thurs  2 - 6pm

Fri  2 - 7pm

Sat 2 - 7pm


Named in Honour of Charles Ruthorford

The Branch originally received its charter on February 26, 1931 with sixteen charter members. The charter President was Comrade Charles Bugg. The Branch was named in honour of then Lieutenant Charles S. Rutherford, a local veteran who served in WW1 and had earned the Victoria Cross, the Military Cross, and the Military Medal while serving overseas.
Charlie served again during WW2 and left the services with the rank of Captain. In 2002 the Branch applied for and received their charter in the name of Capt. Charles S. Rutherford VC, MC, MM to reflect his rank on leaving the military. 

Branch Locations

The Branch met in a storefront in downtown Colborne until they were able to obtain the former Colborne Public School building which was located where the Branch now stands. The school burnt down in the early seventies and was replaced with the current building . The current building was opened in the mid-seventies.
Ladies Auxiliary Charter
The Ladies Auxiliary was chartered on June 24, 1935 with seventeen charter. Throughout the years, the Ladies have been a strong and important presence in the life of the Branch.
NOTE: as many of the Branch records were lost in the fire, we lack many details of our history.  If you have details or even photos of the Branch’s early years.