We love our members and friends, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
92 King Street E., Colborne, Ontario.
02:00 p.m. – 07:00 p.m.
Have a safe and have a happy holiday
Thursday: 2pm to 6pm
Friday: 2pm to 7pm
Saturday: 2pm to 7pm
Our banquet hall is available for a wide range of activities for a reasonable cost and is air conditioned. The hall seats up to 195 people and allows for a sit down dinner of up to 170 people. Kitchen and catering is also available at an extra cost.
WIFI is available at no additional charge.
The room has been used for a wide range of activities over the years. We’ve seen some very creative decorating and layouts in those years. So for your next wedding, anniversary, party, meeting etc. give us a call.
Call Giselle Melvin 1 (709) 897-4114
Grant Mallia - Bursary
Brenda Graham - Honours & Awards
TBD - Leadership & Development
Angela Garven- Public Relation
Linda Ferguson- Membership
Giselle Melvin - Hall Booking
John Ton - Youth Education
John Lilje - Veterans Service/Seniors/ Sgt.At Arms
TBD - Financial
Barb Smith - Sick & Visitation
Ted Walker - Property
Giselle Melvin - Ways & Means
Linda Ferguson - Poppy
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoting Remembrance is part of The Royal Canadian Legion’s mission and has been one of our principal objectives since our inception. The Legion inspires Canadians to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, and to honour those who served and continue to serve today. Remembrance is a year-long commitment and we endeavour to promote it through a number of programs, services and resources.
Named in Honour of Charles Rutherford
The Branch originally received its charter on February 26, 1931 with sixteen charter members. The charter President was Comrade Charles Bugg. The Branch was named in honour of then Lieutenant Charles S. Rutherford, a local veteran who served in WW1 and had earned the Victoria Cross, the Military Cross, and the Military Medal while serving overseas.
Charlie served again during WW2 and left the services with the rank of Captain. In 2002 the Branch applied for and received their charter in the name of Capt. Charles S. Rutherford VC, MC, MM to reflect his rank on leaving the military.
The Branch met in a storefront in downtown Colborne until they were able to obtain the former Colborne Public School building which was located where the Branch now stands. The school burnt down in the early seventies and was replaced with the current building . The current building was opened in the mid-seventies.
Ladies Auxiliary Charter
The Ladies Auxiliary was chartered on June 24, 1935 with seventeen charter. Throughout the years, the Ladies have been a strong and important presence in the life of the Branch.
NOTE: as many of the Branch records were lost in the fire, we lack many details of our history. If you have details or even photos of the Branch’s early years.
Copyright © 2023 Colborne Legion - All Rights Reserved.